Happy Wednesday everyone!
On this snowy Canadian morning, I look through my patio window and watch the snowflakes twirl on the balcony. I love winter with all its magical moments. With Summer months away, I like to prepare myself and be ready for the warm days ahead. Part of that preparation is to look fabulous and to make sure I have what I need.
So, here is my check list of the ten must-haves.
1. Coloful Sunglasses. Wire-rimmed, rimless or thick vintage frames. Complete your look with cool blue, sunny bronze or petal pink sunglasses. Make sure your sunglasses come with UV protection and plenty of style.
2. Vintage Style Jewelry. Beaded chockers, delicate jewelry sets, charm bracelets or cuffs. Make your own fashion statement with chandelier earrings ro chain-link pendants in bronze or gold. PS. Check out my jewelry collection to find your perfect pieces.
3. Sexy Swimwear. Bikinis, tankinis or one-piece swimsuits. Cut out, key hole, drawstring or jewelry details. Bright colors, modern neutrals or playful prints. Just make sure your swimsuit brings out your fabulous self.
4. Flirty Cover-ups. Show just enough skin in pretty pareos, flirty wraps and sexy sarongs. Or, look chic in oversized caftans and Indian-inspired tunics in bold prints, delicate sheers and light-weight cottons. Poolside or beach-bound, flowy coverage brings you a simple elegance you cannot go without.
5. Sun Dresses. Graphic florals, tropical prints or solid brights. Classic sundresses for work and weekend make summer style easy. Choose your perfect style from empire waist, bias-cut sheaths, shirt dresses or wrap silhouettes for a stylish comfort. Add a classic cardigan for cooler weather.
6. Latin Romance. Look sweet and sexy in feminine shapes with south-of-the border styles. Flirty details are easy to find in ruffled skirts and tops, polka-dot prints, asymmetrical hems and necklines. Take your pick of multi-layered tops and skirts for an updated, romantic look.
7. Bold Color. Yellow, pink, orange and emerald green. Beach brights and 80s neons show up in your favorite accessories, dresses and separates. Brighten up your outfit with hints of color and mix it up with neutral basics for a chic summer look.
8. Straw Bag. Straw totes, handbags and envelope clutches deliver fashion and function. Complete with embellishments, colorful fabrics.
9. Strappy Sandal. Open-toe sandals are the must for summer footwear. You can also show off your sexy pedicure in fancy flats or classy kitten heels, sling backs or stilletoes. Don't forget your simple flats, basic slides, retro platforms and wedges. Pair them with colors, printed fabrics. Wherever you go this summer, strut with style.
10. Cover your head. Finally, don't forget to complete your look with a wide-brimmed hat or a chic fedora. In the city or country, a fabulous hat gives you protection against the sun's rays and adds style to your outfit.
What do you think? Let me know.
Jewelry designer and fashion stylist at Roxie&Loulou