Monday, August 22, 2016

Top Trends for Autumn/Winter 2016-2017

Greetings Fashionistas!

As we enjoy our Summer vacation, retail stores are filling their shelves with new fashions and accessories. Before I go shopping, I want to know what will be in style, what I would like to wear, and what I wanted to simple admire from afar. 

So, just for you, I did the research(thank you Pinterest) so you don't have to spend hours searching the net to find out what the style editors are suggesting for the upcoming cooler months.

Let's begin!

Here are the top trends(in no particular order)!

1. Colorful velvet
Renaissance Woman:

This trend I love. The richness of the fabric paired with jewel colors are the perfect combination.. Plus, if you like the Renaissance period, this trend is for you. Paired with the bell sleeves and corsets... sexy!

2. Sporty pullovers and girly skirts
Puffers and evening wear:
This trend is not for me. I like the sporty pullovers. I lived girly skirts. But not together. That said, you can try this trend out, and see if it is for you. 

3. Patent leather
Patent Leather Trench Coats:
The runways had the patent leather in trenchcoats, shoes and dresses. This trend reminds me of the 80s(which is another trend this season). I don't mind the patent shoes for a vintage look, but I'm not sure about the full-on patent look.

4. Sherling
Tendance mode automne-hiver 2016-2017 Peaux lainées:
The sherling jacket is a classic for me. I like this trend.

5. Florals
Tendance mode automne-hiver 2016-2017 imprimés fleurs:
Yes, for autumn too as per the designers. It gives a vintage feel. I like that. But be careful! Too much and it will look like a carpet. 

6. Off-the shoulder or one-shoulder tops
One-Arm Tops:
I like this trend...for summer and fall. Not sure how the off-the-shoulder would fit for winter when you live in the Canadian cold weather. I would wear this trend until it gets too cold... or for an evening look. All-in-all, you can never go wrong with showing off your shoulders.

7. Military jackets
Tendance mode automne-hiver 2016-2017 manteaux militaire:
This trend is for me. I've always loved the military look. Not the full on look, but touches like khaki and camouflage motif, and of course the double-breasted jackets with wide lapels. To this jacket, add the combat boots(which is another trend for the season). And, if you want to go glam, add some sparkling earrings. 

8. Gloves
Fall/ Winter 2016-2017 Accessory Trends: Knitted Gloves:
Ornate, short and long. I love gloves. So this trend is for me. This season, I'm going for the detailed gloves. Add some jewelry over the gloves for a glam look!

9. Single statement earrings
The 22 Trends, Fashion Ideas, and Styling Tricks We Loved from Fall 2016:
This trend reminds me of the way I wore earrings in the 80s. As a teenage girl, I would find different ways to wear jewelry. And I remember wearing a long earring in one ear and a stud earring in the other. I love this trend, and this would be one for me, especially for a night out.

10. The capelet
Capelets:
This is trend for hourglass and triangular silhouettes. This gives volume in the shoulders so it might not be for every body type. However, a nice feminine blouse with a capelet can be elegant.

11. The Victorian lady
Tendance mode automne-hiver 2016-2017 Victorienne:
Collars, sleeves, lace, black, corsets, pearls... everything the modern-day lady would need. I love this lady-like trend... in moderation. Wear a lace high-collar neck blouse with a pinstripe suit(which is also hot for the season). 

12. The tartan and the Prince of Wales Check 
Tendance mode automne-hiver 2016-2017 Prince de galles:
I like these prints. They are classic. Found in coats and in dresses. A British touch to a wardrobe is always a must-have. Mix these masculine materials with a feminine touch. Elegant.


13. Fur pop
Tendance mode automne-hiver 2016-2017 fourrures colorées:
Colors, motifs and mix with wool. Fake or real. Fur is back for the new season. I like this trend. Keeps me warm and stylish.

14. The biker vest
Tendance mode automne-hiver 2016-2017 Veste de biker féminisée:
This season, the masculine jacket comes with a feminine touch. And so beautiful! With touches of flowers, jewels or shiny metals.. For a night out. Yes, please.

15. Chokers
The Statement Choker:
Rigid or fragile. Made with metals or velvet. It must cover your neck. Think of Victorian ladies but with a modern twist. Love.

15. The colors of the season
Pink & Yellow:
Bubble gum pink, navy blue, mustard yellow, purple, cinammon red, silver. Not too sure about the pastels but mixed with jeweled colors, the new color combinations could be quite nice.

16. The embellished guitar straps
Embellished Guitar Straps:
The bag of the season. I love it.

17. XXL
Tendance mode automne-hiver 2016-2017 Doudounes en ville:
Everything is oversized. Jackets. Boots, Jewelry. Tip: Be careful that it doesn't overwhelm your silhouette. 

18. Gypsy Rock
The long flowy silhouette is a trend I like. Bohemian tassels, beads, gemstones, bracelets over sleeves and gloves, mono or multi rings on your fingers, charms and amulets, multi-layering... Love.

19. Prints of the season
Animal, flora, geometric. In large doses on the runway. In small doses in real life. With the tartan and Prince of Wales check, you have the pick of the fashion litter.

20. Fabrics of the season
Lurex, satin, vinyl, feathers, fur, embroderies, velour, quilted.


So, they you have it. Which trends do you prefer? Let me know.

Stay fabulous!
Jackie M.
Your personal fashion stylist


No comments:

Post a Comment