Pick the right jewelry for a job interview
Have a job interview? When choosing your jewelry, choosing the right pieces can give you confidence. Here are a few guidelines to inspire you.
|Roxie&Loulou Vintage Fashion necklace|
- Don't wear jewelry that can detract the other person's attention from what you are saying.
- Do wear small, conservative pieces. Necklaces should be discreet and rings should be inconspicuous, unless you are interviewing in the fashion sector.
- Don’t wear pieces that are large, noisy or distracting with your fabulous outfit.
Roxie&Loulou Vintage Fashion earrings
- Do wear a small number of pieces: less is really more.
- Do avoid the knuckle duster look with multiple rings per hand, with the exception of a wedding bands and engagement rings.
- Don’t wear jewelry with political, religious or insignia depicting any movement or lobby. You are interviewing for a job not conducting a campaign. We also should also be mindful that none of us know the affiliations of anyone who might be interviewing us. You might be pro-hunting but your interviewer could be a vegetarian.
- Don’t wear plastic- stick to real precious metals and stones. These classic pieces will always communicate sophistication.
- Don’t wear jewelry in multiple piercings, nose, ears, mouth or tongue. Keep it simple.
- Do co-ordinate – fashions change, but the focus should be on you and not on any fashion faux pas you might make with clashing jewelry styles.
- Do be cautious about expensive pieces. You never know the background of the person who is interviewing you.
Have a fabulous weekend!