15 Quick Fashion Tips for Men
Here are 15 Quick Fashion tips...from a woman's perspective
1. Fit is Key – The most dramatic improvement you can make in your style is to make sure everything fits impeccably. Most guys wear clothes that are too large. Make sure everything you wear is almost hugging the shape of your body – without being tight. Bad fit is an epidemic.
2. Keep it simple – You want a wardrobe that looks great on you, but don’t overdo it. Don’t wear more than three pieces of jewelry or more than three colors. Don’t dress like a rock star unless you’re in a band. If you want to be flashy, a simpler but stylish look would be sporting a black striped dress shirt with a white blazer, a dark pair of jeans, a dressy belt, and your sharpest dress shoes. You could also add a flashy watch or a simple accessory like an interesting necklace, but nothing more.
3. Change the way you see casual – casual doesn’t have to be boring. Have fun with a collared shirt or a checkered cargo shorts. If you need inspiration, check out online pictures or ask a fashionista.
4. Pay attention to your supporting pieces - Some sweaters are lean and others are big and chunky. The first rule of thumb is that your top and bottom halves need to match. If you’re wearing a big, chunky, rugged fisherman knit sweater, your bottom needs to be rugged, too. Don’t wear a fisherman’s sweater with a beautiful silk-and-wool suit pant. Instead, wear it with something as casual as cargos or jeans, or dress it up with a tweed blazer.
5. Never go shopping alone – Most of the time, it’s tough to trust the sales people because they usually work for commission. Shop with a friend or a fashionista who will give you their honest opinion.
6. Stay a notch above – Don’t overdo it, but dare to take some risks. It’s always better to be a little bit overdressed than underdressed in any setting. All you have to do is think about where and who you’re going to be with and just step it up one notch. But make sure you’re not better dressed than someone who is more important in a certain setting, like your boss. That would be awkward.
7. Never underestimate the power of details – The last thing on is usually the first thing noticed. So mind the details instead of throwing together the main parts of your outfit. “Details” can include a scarf, a subtle pocket square, or the way you tie your tie knot. Details make you look more polished and gives you style. That's always attractive.
8. Invest in an awesome pair of shoes – If it’s one thing that women will notice, it’s your shoes. Especially how clean and sharp they look. It’s easy to wash and press the rest of your clothes to keep them looking new, but most guys disregard their shoes. Show that you’re a man of taste by getting a great pair of shoes and keeping them in pristine condition. That way they will last longer too.
9. Fashion Tees with logos – When you’re going around with a big logo on your shirt, make sure you wear it in the right social setting. Please do not wear your cool Metallica tshirt to meet the parents. You want to make a good impression. Instead, go for a classic v-neck tee or a nice clean shirt.
10. Disregard trends – Beware of buying something just because it’s “in” right now – stick to what you truly like. A lot of people rush to get in on the latest trend and end up with a bunch of clothes they don’t wear. It’s better to learn to build a versatile and timeless wardrobe first – then bring in your own twists with some of the new fashion. This one tip will save you so much money!
11. Don’t be a sucker for brand names – Before you decide to purchase an item, ask yourself if you are buying it simply because of the brand name or because you love the quality and style. Ask yourself, “Would I buy this if there was no logo on it?” Like trends, brand names are costly. Your personal style shouldn't be about a brand name. It should be about you.
12. Continually cultivate your image – Invest more time and money into your image. Cultivate your fashion sense. Your style is a huge mode of communication, and is worth caring for as much as your education, career, and relationships. Plus, a stylish man is a confident man. For example, your style can be rugged(which I love; that's why I love my man's style. It's so sexy). You can also decide to be rugged one-minute and classy in the next. As long as you keep it stylish and not wear your pants for all the world to see your bottom, you're on the right track.
13. Ask for real feedback - Most of your friends and family aren’t going to go out of their way to tell you what looks bad. You have to ask for it. In fact, ask anyone and everyone you trust to tell you the truth. Ask your hairstylist, ask your best friend, ask your mother! Don't forget, you have the final decision. Take the feedback and build on it.
14. Upgrade your shave - Even if your fashion is golden, an unkempt beard can be an attraction killer. The Grizzly Adams look is passé. Unless it's the hockey series and you want to support your team, keep it neat. Please we beg you!
15. Experiment with style – The only way you’ll really learn, is if you go out there and try new things. Make an effort to try something completely out of your comfort zone. Many times you’ll end up loving something you never thought you would. If you make mistakes, life goes on. So many guys are afraid to express themselves through their style, don’t be one of them.
Well, there you go. Hope this helps you. If you have a question or a comment, please let me know below this post.